As things continue to develop with the spread of COVID-19 in our area and across the country, we thought we would share some pertinent information we have received from the American Veterinary Medical Association.
First and foremost, we know you are worried about your pets, but don’t panic. Despite there being numerous strains of coronavirus, the ones of dogs and cats are not the same as COVID-19. In fact, according to the CDC, no animals in the United States have been identified with the virus, and there is NO evidence that dogs or other pets can contract or spread COVID-19.
You may continue to keep yourself updated on the situation by following the American Veterinary Medical Association blog on the topic.
Also know that we are still open and rest assured that we are doing everything within our power to provide a healthy environment for our staff, clients and their pets by keeping our hospital as clean and sanitary as possible:
- We have asked our staff who aren’t feeling well to refrain from coming in. Please make sure to do the same if you or someone in your family is not well to help protect the health of our staff.
- We are increasing our already thorough daily cleaning and sanitizing procedures throughout the building.
- As always, we have antibacterial soap for hand washing and hand sanitizer dispensing units found throughout the various exam rooms.
- We are disinfecting common surfaces several times a day throughout the building.
This is a trying time for all of us and we will continue open communication with you as necessary.
Thank you for trusting us with your pet’s care. Stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you and your pet again soon!
– The Bull’s Head Pet Hospital Staff